Smelleez is committed to keeping your information safe and we assure you that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure this.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase products from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Our website automatically collects the minimum amount of information about visitors each time they visit our site. This information is used to help us understand how our website is used and to ensure our website is always working to meet our customers’ needs.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: Smelleez, Inverardle, Bridge of Cally, PH10 7JL.
Our store is hosted on iZettle E-commerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through iZettle’s E-commerce data storage, databases and the general iZettle application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then iZettle stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read iZettle’s Terms of Service (https://www.izettle.com/gb/general-terms-and-conditions) or Privacy Statement (https://www.izettle.com/gb/privacy-policy).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Additionally, the personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
Cookies and similar Technologies
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.orgor www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you sign up to our mailing list, we use this information to send you regular information, new product launches and promotions via email. We may tailor our email communications according to which emails you open and which links you click to ensure a positive experience on our site. We store this information securely on Mailchimp and never release any information externally.
For more information regarding Mailchimp please visit: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically and only for the purposes identified. We will never share your information with any other businesses.
Questions or concerns
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact [email protected] or by mail at:
Smelleez [Re: Privacy Compliance]
Bridge of Cally
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the Website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our Website features may not function as a result.
· recognise you whenever you visit this Website (this speeds up your access to the Website as you do not have to log in each time)
· obtain information about your preferences and use of our Website
· carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, and to help us better understand our users’ requirements
· target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
· make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
· Session cookies—these allow our Website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
· Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our Website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
· Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our Website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
· Performance cookies—these cookies collect information about how you use our Website, such as which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our Website works.
· Functionality cookies—these cookies allow our Website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
· Targeting cookies—also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our Website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested.
HOW TO TURN OFF COOKIES
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected]
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY